The Pohangina Hall is located in Pohangina Village on the corner of Pohangina Road and Finnis Road.
The first hall was built in 1885 and located next to where the current hall is. Adsetts mill donated flooring for the original hall. This hall was used for dances, local concerts and visiting troupes. During the First World War the hall was used to farewell soldiers, patriotic activities and to welcome home the war veterans. Unfortunately this hall had to be demolished after a major fire and the current hall built in 1934.
The hall has a well equipped kitchen, restrooms, a stage as well as spacious floor area. Tables and chairs are provided.
The hall is used for a variety of activities. These include:
- Community meetings
- Wedding receptions
- Family gatherings
- Birthday parties
- Gymnastics/Pilates classes
The Hall Committee organises a quiz night and a dance evening each year to raise funds to maintain the hall.
Bookings for the Hall can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hireage fees are: $50/half day; $100/full day. There is a $100 bond for each hire.
You can get involved by joining the committee or coming along to any of our events.
For further information email email@example.com
News from the Hall
- Quiz night
The Pohangina Hall Quiz Night was held at the Pohangina Hall on 31st July.
It was a very successful night and raised over $2000 for the hall!
Huge thanks to sponsors/donors and all the people that attended on the night!