Welcome to the Pohangina Valley
Pohangina stretches from the Oroua River to the Ruahine Range and from Ashhurst to Apiti, and has a wealth and diversity of history, natural beauty, activities and talent.
This website is to be an easy-access portal to the best of it.
If you live here, or just love the place, this is your website.
Please get in touch with submissions, suggestions and feedback about how we can make it better.
First flowering of Pyrus at the Domain
Photo – Liz Besley
Got a great photo of valley life? Send it in and see it featured here.
- Nibbles and Drinks evening19th November at County Fayre. Doors open at 5.00pm. BYO drinks and finger food to share. Tea and coffee will be available. This is a monthly event so put it on your calendar. Come along and bring your neighbour too, the more the merrier!
- Downhill WalkSaturday 13th November 2021
- Bulk RubbishSaturday 13th November, 9:00am – 11:00am at the Finis Road recycling area.
- Chat with the MayorSaturday 4th December at County Fayre from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. If you have anything you would like to raise with Mayor Helen come along for a chat and a cup of tea.
- Arts TrailCounty Fayre is part of the Arts Trail again this year. Come along and be wowed by our local talent. 16th and 17th October. County Fayre will be open from 10:00am to 4:00pm on both days.